Saturday, July 30, 2005

I came, I saw, IKEA

Maybe going to the Atlanta IKEA on Saturday afternoon wasn't such a great idea after all.

Too many displays everywhere, too much merchandise in my face, too little staff to help and way way WAAAAAAAY too many ATL transplant intowners with Chicago accents who kept saying snide things like, "See, Carole, Americans aren't *used* to this: urban living." Que? And, hey dude, YOU ARE AMERICAN. Nary a "y'all" to be heard in the fray, except from this country girl.

I'm reserving full judgement until I go back - next time on, like, a Thursday morning - to get the bed frame and the TV stand I need. Today's haul netted me a 20-piece tableware set for $9.99 and three $1.49 plates so it wasn't a total loss. But I was worn out by the time I left, just from trying to hurry up in order to suit the other shoppers who weren't in a "looking around" mood. Why were they there then? To play a personal game of "Beat The Clock"?

And I didn't even get a cup of the "strong Swedish coffee" they promised in the catalog. I needed that coffee, too. And a snack. And a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home