Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Across the way

Across the way is the neighborhood where the school bus used to drop off the boys who used to sometimes come across our way to play tackle football - neighborhood against neighborhood, they'd say, although none of us actually knew our subdivisions' real names.

And in that neighborhood across the way, I used to get in part of a regular good two-mile walk on a route that started at my house, looped through that area, and ended back at my house. But now I walk at a nearby rec facility's park. I don't miss the old route.

Across the way in the neighborhood where the school bus used to drop off the boys who used to sometimes come across our way to play tackle football and where I used to get in part of a regular good two-mile walk, there's a registered sex offender living at an address that I know of. Maybe her neighbors don't know about her past. Maybe they do. But I know. I check the public registry periodically to see who's living near me. This woman lives near me.

Across the way in that neighborhood, kids of all ages still get off the school bus. Every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home