Thursday, August 04, 2005

Perchance to dream

I had that dream again last night, the one where I'm trying to call in to my old workplace, Turtle's Records & Tapes, and let my boss know that I'm not going to be able to make it in for my shift. The thing is, I always get some kid on the phone who's just started working there and they don't know that I worked there for seven years and was an assistant manager for two years before the store closed.

In my recurring dream, the store is still inexplicably open despite the chain being defunct for well over a decade now, and I keep telling whichever lamebrain I'm on the phone with that I need to speak to Pam or Mike, the two cool managers I worked with, but they're never there and the idiot kid always hangs up on me. Then I finally end up calling back again and again, only to find out that I haven't been on the schedule since, like, three months earlier - and I'd missed my shift THEN.

This dream is a lot like my other recurring dream, where I'm back in high school and I absolutely cannot get to some class that I really need to get to - usually math or English class, but sometimes science. Sometimes the dream varies and I've been absent from class, but for reasons that haven't been my fault, and I feel like I'm way behind in my studies and I need to catch up but I can't because no matter how hard I try, I can never make it to class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home