Friday, August 05, 2005

What Jeremiah knows that I don't

My friend Sherman just sent me seven CDs and one DVD through the mail, all the way from San Francisco. Five of the CDs are mixes, two are CD copies and the DVD is a compilation of some shows and movies he likes. I'm working my way through the mix CDs right now and color me impressed. Unlike my harum-scarum tosspot olios, Sherman actually put some thought into his selections.

We became e-mail friends thanks to The John Mayer Trading Page, a fun place where Mayer fans (or non-Mayer fans) can hang out and gab about all things Mayer (or non-Mayer). So we both enjoy good acoustic music (like Mayer's) and Sherman included some lovely guitar ditties on the five discs, the simplest and prettiest track being Marc Broussard's "Jeremiah's Prayer." It's a lament about losing a friend to death but doing your best to keep them alive in your heart - a tall order since death is the great unknown.

It's easy to tell ourselves we or our loved ones will be OK after dying, that we'll pass on to a better place, and I'd like to believe it - I do my best to believe it - but the mystery just looms when it's only me and a quiet hour of the night.

2 Comments:

At 12:03 AM , Blogger Sherman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:54 AM , Blogger Sherman said...

You're welcome! I only felt it was fair since you sent me so many JM shows in past and also made me some of your own mix CDs. I'm glad you liked Marc Broussard. His CD has definitely become one of the highlights of my collection.

BTW, Thank YOU for all the music you've given me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home