Sunday, November 27, 2005

Chaos theory

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if, for once, I didn't do what people expect me to: run errands, finish a project, message them first to say hello, babysit to give them a break, show up for work, take an insult and say nothing, be unselfish with my time and money, take responsibility.

Other people are allowed to do these things but I'm not and so I won't. If I did, I'd upset the established order of things. Nature handles these sorts of disturbances in a particularly cruel manner and knowing where I stand in the overall chain, I'm not prepared for the repercussions.

1 Comments:

At 12:33 PM , Blogger rekkidbraka said...

No, I don't let people walk all over me. I do stand up for myself -- plenty. The thing is, I do what others expect and they take it for granted that I will. I know this.

Their reactions to the Me Myself and I who occasionally says "Sorry. Not going to do it this time" is what frustrates me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home