Monday, November 07, 2005

Chase all the ghosts

Last week I came too close to taking the first step back into the kind of depression that forced me to get help three years ago. Thanks to my meds, this time I was able to keep a clear head about what was bothering me and they (and I) kept me from slipping.

It's one of the things you live with, knowing that you'll be fine for a long time and then suddenly things happen in your life that can threaten to set you back. You hope that you learned something from the last time you were depressed and that the next time won't be as difficult or as long-term, that you'll be a little more in control.

The bullet has been dodged for now. But you're always in the sights of this mysterious sniper.

2 Comments:

At 11:25 PM , Blogger Sherman said...

Glad to hear you came out of it. I always kind of worry about you when you post about these depressive episodes. It's good to see you can "see" them and know how to get over them. :-)

 
At 6:23 AM , Blogger rekkidbraka said...

Yeah, it's a chronic illness so you have flare-ups. Comes with the territory but I've learned to recognize and deal. I'm feeling better this week. Things have just been really stressful lately but since the general stress isn't going away, I'll have to compromise. Just the way it shakes out.

Thanks for worrying about me, Sherman, even though I don't want you to *worry,* really. I'm OK. I know you've got my back. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home