Saturday, February 11, 2006

Quality time

None of my friends ever ask me to hang out. I don't know why. They just don't. Maybe it's because metro Atlanta has become so huge and sprawled out that they just don't feel like driving to meet up with me. Maybe it's because they don't feel like rearranging their schedules. Maybe it's because they don't feel like hanging out with me.

Whatever the reason I never get invited to go do things anymore, the result is the same: I spend lots of time alone. Sometimes it isn't so bad because I have time to go jogging, to think, to read, to work crossword puzzles, to enjoy quiet, to listen to music, to relax. But oftentimes I'm thinking that I miss seeing my friends, being part of a group, spending time with other people. Except for work, I don't get to socialize much and work is work. It's not the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home