Tuesday, April 04, 2006

It had better be tonight

Confession: It's ab-fab here this evening. Sunny, crisp for spring - in the 60s, low humidity, night's not going to fall until exactly 8:01 p.m. EST. The perfect evening to go out and do some Peachtree Road Race training, to get outside, to just BE outdoors.

And I want to. Really. I do.

But my sister is here and she's feeling horrible. She's had an awful upper respiratory infection for the past week and a half and she drove over from South Carolina to do a favor for me - a pretty big favor - and so I feel like it wouldn't be right to leave the house, even though she's currently in the guest room sleeping or reading or resting or whatever. She'll be heading home tomorrow and I'm sorry I had to ask her to help out because I didn't know just how sick she still was. Had I known, I wouldn't have asked.

So I'm going to sacrifice this glorious late evening and stay in. It's quiet in my house right now. My mom is lying down, too, and I'm the only person up and about. There's something nice about that, something relaxing about the quiet in the midst of a house that is, for a change, hosting someone other than my mom and me.

Still, when I look outside and see the waning sun I do want to be out there - not so much in here. But my sister did something nice for me and enjoying this evening in here where I can get her water or whatever if she needs it is the least I can do for her and I don't mind that at all.

1 Comments:

At 9:45 PM , Blogger Sherman said...

Kinda one of those nights you'd want to just sit out on the porch, sip on some lemonade and watch the stars. I hope you enjoy the evening.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home