Thursday, May 31, 2007

Last Taps for Daddy

Vanessa's Daddy passed away Monday after fighting emphysema and pneumonia. Her Mommy passed on last year at this time, June 2 to be exact. When I talked to Vanessa this morning, I told her how sorry I was but that now Daddy and Mommy were together again. She agreed.

Daddy was a Lieutenant Colonel in the Army for almost 30 years. Like my own daddy, he was a career military man who wore the uniform with pride and served his country selflessly. They were both fine men and they're missed. How fitting that Mr. R. was called home on Memorial Day. How deserving.

Godspeed, Daddy. I know you and Mommy will enjoy your new life together in Heaven and I'm sure that MY daddy will be thrilled to have an Army buddy to share war stories with. Don't worry about The Little Angel and the rest of your family here -- your own kids (them) and the rest of us, their friends, who adopted you and Mommy. You helped us grow into the strong folks we are now. So go on, rest.

2 Comments:

At 1:19 AM , Blogger Sherman said...

Sorry for your loss, Rekkid. Condolences.

 
At 11:55 AM , Blogger rekkidbraka said...

Thanks, Sherman. I feel bad b/c Daddy was such a nice man but it's especially tough since Mommy passed at this time last year. I'm so sorry for Vanessa and her family. I'll see them all tonight and tomorrow at the funeral. A sad weekend, indeed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home