Tuesday, June 12, 2007

And I couldn't understand her, besides

This, from my first-ever blog, written in summer 2001:

I want to thank you for giving me the best day of my life

Today at 2:20 p.m. EST, I am doing a "Three Questions With Dido" phone-in interview with Her Didoness. Yep. She of "Here With Me" and "Thank You" pop-lite Top 40 singles hits and Eminem samples. My co-workers think this is a great development in my "career" and that I should be happy. But I'm not. I really DON'T want to do this interview, even though it will only take 15 minutes or less. I have no interest in talking to celebrities. I like talking about them, but as for chatting with them, my life will go on just fine with no celeb contact whatsoever. I'm going to ask the three questions and be done with it. I hate this. I really hate this. (Nothing against Dido; I just hate the idea of this whole ephemeral assignment that three people will read and/or cut out of the paper to add to their Dido shrines.)

2 Comments:

At 10:51 PM , Blogger mantaraggio said...

Is it really bad that I want to know how it went with Dido? I mean, I see your point and all, but you've left me unbelievably curious. I heard Dido's really nice. Also, I admit that I sorta liked her last album.

 
At 8:50 PM , Blogger rekkidbraka said...

I talked to her via telephone, could hardly hear or understand her (she has a super-thick Brit accent when speaking) and -- I do hate to say this -- she didn't come off as really all that bright. But to be fair, she was being driven around in a limo at the time and who's thinking deeply while motoring around town, probably to their next gig? She was nice enough, yes, but it was the typical "I'm doing this because I must" interview on her part and, frankly, on mine as well. Also, I'm no Lester Bangs so there IS that. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home