Saturday, September 03, 2005

Clean sheets

Each Sunday night, I change the sheets on my bed. It's become automatic, a part of my week that happens like clockwork. Are my sheets really that dirty? Probably not. But there's something about starting each Monday with a fresh set of sheets that makes me feel better. At least until the next Sunday.

This just in: A quote of note from the "Pittsburgh And Beyond" blog:

"It’s 2:30 and the sheets are in the dryer so tonight I’m gonna have that exquisite feel of clean sheets on my skin, so I think I’m gonna go take a shower in a minute so I get the full effect from my sheltered suburban childhood when it was so comfy and excellent to have a hot pair of underpants on a just out of the shower body in fresh from the dryer sheets on the tucked in bed."

Shower-to-sheets is a routine I know all too well and it's one of the most cleansing, albeit short-lived, experiences you'll ever have. An amazing instantaneous cooling sensation followed by growing warmth. Incredibly relaxing.

But the hot pair of underpants part? I can't speak to that.

4 Comments:

At 11:54 PM , Blogger Janna said...

Oh, my gosh, I change my sheets once a month or so, if that often. I justify that by telling myself they they don't get dirty as I shower right before bed, but still, next to you I'm filthy.

I do change my pillowcases at least once a week, though.

 
At 3:08 AM , Blogger Sherman said...

I change my sheets every two weeks to coincide with my laundry. That way, I can do all my laundry at one time and have a fresh start with new sheets, freshly laundered clothes and an empty hamper.

 
At 9:59 AM , Blogger mantaraggio said...

I'm not going to admit any of my piggish ways here, instead I will tell the story of the grossest thing I ever saw on television.

Insomnia (always blame insomnia for terrible viewing selections) had me watching "Room Raiders" on MTV. And these girls had one of those CSI lights (black light? UV? I have no idea) that check for fluids, and literally the entire sheet of this guy's bed was glowing white. And they said "ew gross" and I said "ew gross" and we both ran out of our respective rooms.

Lesson learned: Change your sheets!

 
At 4:38 PM , Blogger rekkidbraka said...

I just finished dustvac-ing the hardwood floors in my house, with special concentration in my room -- under the bed, behind each stick of furniture, etc. I'm not a neat freak but I enjoy a clean bedroom.

Now the rest of my house...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home