Thursday, September 29, 2005

Gee, your hair smells terrific

All day long I was rocking a 1977 Kristy McNichol hairdo. Hard. It wasn't my top choice for Look of the Day but I was going with it, seeing as how it didn't hurt Kristy any during her mid-'70s peak. The only difference is, my hair isn't thin and wispy like hers; it's thick and naturally curly/wavy so it did the feathering thing at the sides and the flat thing on the top but... like... thicker. It looked this way because I desperately need a haircut. I haven't had one in three months.

Two people, a co-worker and the parking attendant, asked if I'd gotten a haircut. When I said that no, I actually needed a haircut, they said they thought I'd done something different with my hairstyle. If washing it a day behind schedule and not sleeping on it for 10 hours to tame it into looking fairly human counts as "something different," then yes -- guilty as charged.

3 Comments:

At 12:48 AM , Blogger Sherman said...

I used to rock a short mohawk. That was a cut that got recognized... not that I recommend it for you. I was actually asked nicely if I would mind cutting it. I was a receptionist at EEG at the time and it was considered unprofessional looking. So now it's back to sensitive mr ponytail man for me, except the hair is still too short to ponytail up.

 
At 5:49 AM , Blogger rekkidbraka said...

One of our music critics came into work with a full-on mohawk for, like, a week and half of us down the length of the newsroom in the Sports dept. wondered if he'd lost a bet or something. Turns out he'd just felt like going mohawk. Finally, after about a week, he shaved it off. Now he's just got regular, kinda shortish hair.

 
At 3:36 PM , Blogger Sherman said...

I was doing the short haircut for a while there. actually more of a buzz. "Like get clippers, put on the #2 guard, and cut all the way around" buzz. I had long hair in my college days at UNLV. I figured I'd grow it back out again for now. If it starts to bother me I may cut it again. I have never gone full mohawk but it may be a possibility someday....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home