Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Paper moon

This evening I uncharacteristically drifted off to sleep on the couch for an hour or so. Right around 8:30 my eyelids felt as if Mister Sandman had placed 25-lb. bags on each of them and staying awake suddenly wasn't an option. Sleep beckoned like an old-time carnival barker, waggling a tempting index finger at me, smiling with the knowledge that, yes, I would be easily taken in.

Swaddled in flannel pajamas and a warm fleece blanket, my day and all its hassles lost the battle for my consciousness. Once I had finally given in, closing my eyes even for such a short time, my mind was at rest. During my nap, in that odd realm of sleep that remains forever a mystery to us, it was nice to be shrouded in the inviting, inky blackness that appeared to be there but perhaps never truly was.

2 Comments:

At 11:57 PM , Blogger Sherman said...

Sounds nice. I've often given in to those naps that call to me right after I get home from work. They usually are pretty restful and, on more than one occasion, they've drawn me in to stay for the whole night...

Good night.

 
At 12:17 AM , Blogger rekkidbraka said...

Night, Sherman. Sleep well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home