Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Breaking the Omerta

Last night I screamed at a co-worker who was about to spoil the sixth season debut of "The Sopranos," which I haven't yet seen, for me by going on loudly about one of the most pivotal parts of the episode. Well, I heard enough so that the scene he blabbered about absolutely now won't be a surprise. But I got a laugh out of the entire copy desk by totally losing it for a split second after he got sort of smarmy and said "Oh, so we're not supposed to TALK about it all NIGHT because YOU didn't SEE it Sunday?" in his Long Island accent, which is usually cool but just struck me, as a native Southerner, as somewhat patronizing right then.

"YOU'RE BEING AN A**HOLE!" I heard this voice, apparently coming from my mouth, yell. "F**K YOU!"

Right. For. The. Whole. Newsroom. To. Hear.

I was kidding and he knew that, thankfully. We laughed it off but that can't happen again. I don't talk like that.

Still... we're talking "Sopranos" season premiere here. It's been two years. He knew the risks.

1 Comments:

At 10:29 AM , Blogger Sherman said...

Don't have HBO. Never seen one episode of The Sopranos but I can see where you're coming from. It sucks when people can't just respect your need to stay spoiler-free. I know what happened on that episode but that's just because I listen to a morning radio show that discussed it yesterday.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home