Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Two words: I rule

Where I work, August means one thing, primarily: Self-evaluation time.

Why do companies force this upon employees? Do they seriously think it makes us feel better to first evaluate ourselves, then sit back and wait to see what our boss has to say based on our self-observations? The whole idea smacks of some '70s-era touchy-feely "I'm OK, You're OK" philosophy designed to boost the confidence of Joe and Jane Workaday. Does it work? Not for this Jane.

This week, my boss is on vacation. But I have to fill out three pages' worth of DeepThink. Do I embrace change? Not really, but I'm going to say I do. Participate in building partnerships for team and company success? If being forced to sit through two-hour meetings instead of actually doing real work counts then... yes.

Corporate employers of America, here's all the self-eval feedback your employees would really like to give you. Two words: "I rule."

Evaluate that, execucrats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home