Saturday, February 16, 2008

Saturday in the Park

This is the second straight Saturday I've been lucky enough to meet my friend Deanna and her sweet dog Roxy for a Piedmont Park playdate. It's great to get out of my house, on one hand, just for a little break. Because I need the time off, no matter how short it is. One thing that I can't help thinking, whenever I'm walking through the park, is that I'm not doing anything all that special. Atlantans have been spending their Saturdays enjoying a stroll through Piedmont (with or sans dog) throughout the century. I'd love to see the photos from those old days.

Weekenders, dogs, picnics, kids running around, people playing lawn games. Despite all our new toys and technological advancements, we haven't changed so much. Good to know we're still down with a day outside in the fresh air.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:32 AM , Blogger Chris Hall said...

I love Piedmont Park. And you're still the best writer I know.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home