Sunday, August 14, 2005

One good turn

Finishing my seventh and final lap around the track in the sweltering heat, I was so glad that today's workout was over. Three years ago, I was in fairly good shape. Now I'm having to start all over again. It's depressing.

My two miles finished, I glanced down to check my time. Instead, I noticed the back of a Georgia driver's license lying on the track's crushed sand-and-gravel surface. Turning it over, I recognized the woman pictured as someone who'd left the park about 10 minutes earlier.

So I walked over to a police officer, wisely parked under a shade tree, and gave her the license. Like fighting to take back control over my fitness and health, it was the right thing to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home