Friday, February 22, 2008

Yes I am

If you weren't already suspecting it, I'll put it out there for public consumption now.

I'm conservative. I vote Republican.

That doesn't mean I blindly agree with all right side of the aisle issues and thoughts, though. I think for myself on issues. I believe what I believe. Most of my friends are liberal folks who vote Democrat and disagree with me on many issues. Hey, it's all good.

I think that's fine. It's why I thank God every day that I'm an American. We can debate it out. We elect leaders instead of blowing each other up. Our system isn't perfect -- no system is -- but it damn well works about the best of any system in this world, thanks be to our forward-thinking founding fathers.

Looking around the newsroom right now, I'm surrounded by so many various manners of color, religion, mindset, sex, national origins. It's a beautiful, nonpartisan thing.

2 Comments:

At 1:36 PM , Blogger Chris Hall said...

Don't worry, I cancel out your Republicanism with my Democraticism. Together we make a perfect zero.

 
At 10:57 AM , Blogger rekkidbraka said...

Hee. So true. But I think people on both sides of the aisle can agree that calling the music of Kenny G. "jazz" is just flat-out anti-American. On this, you and I can lock arms and pledge solidarity.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home