Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Small change

On the way to my car all too late this evening after a grueling day at work, I noticed a shiny new dime lying on the pavement of the parking garage. For a split second I considered picking it up, but I didn't. Quarters, I'll still make the effort for. Dimes? Not likely.

Dimes, nickels, pennies - as adults, we can't be bothered to gather them off the streets anymore the way we once did as children. Maybe it's all part of a bigger cycle that we've now become part of: We nonchalantly overlook these coins as small and insignificant while the next lucky child who happens upon that dime, nickel or penny relishes his or her gleaming new treasure.

4 Comments:

At 9:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoot, I don't bend over for anything less than a C-note.

If this were a comedy club, you would hear a rim shot just about now.

And I could make an even filthier bad joke out of that statement, but I'm not going to, because this is a civilized blog...Feel free to never talk to me again.

 
At 10:26 AM , Blogger rekkidbraka said...

OK... I, like, JUST got that. Hee.

 
At 6:04 PM , Blogger Jilly-O said...

I like this template, i'll leave it on here awhile.

 
At 12:14 PM , Blogger Sherman said...

Normally I try to pick up all the change I see. But that's just me...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home