Saturday, September 10, 2005

The sweet swill of success

Since the Baby Braves are all mega Yoo-Hoo fans, Atlanta is going crazy for the stuff. I walked into the local Publix yesterday and there were cases of it right next to the front entrance with huge "SALE!" signs beckoning unsuspecting shoppers to actually buy the swill.

Ever had Yoo-Hoo? Yuck. Jeff Francoeur and the rest of our Kids are cuties but I have to question their beverage choices, especially since we live smack-dab in the mecca of soft drink cities -- CokeTown USA, where the free-flowing carbonated bliss that is Coca-Cola can be found right around every corner.

2 Comments:

At 7:06 PM , Blogger Sherman said...

I like YooHoo. I have a friend who loves it but only has it about once a year. That's about the length of time it takes him to forget that he's lactose intolerant. Not so much other milk products but something in YooHoo gives him stomach cramps something awful. but he does enjoy the drinking part and the hour after before the cramps set in. Heehee.

 
At 8:04 PM , Blogger mantaraggio said...

I always thought chocolate milk (although I suppose YooHoo isn't technically a dairy product) was a waste of time. I prefer my chocolate and my milk as seperate, yet equally important entities.

Totally unrelated, but they're doing a limited rerelease of The Outsiders up here in NYC, maybe you'll get it down there too? It's to promote the DVD, which comes out on the twentieth (hopefully loaded with oodles of special features)

Links away! http://movies2.nytimes.com/2005/09/09/movies/09choi.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home