Sunday, April 30, 2006

No do-overs

Last night's made-at-home supper: dee-lish.

So of course tonight I had to try topping it by making - or attempting to make - homecooked chicken quesadillas. They weren't horrible; my mom said they were great. But the truth, I think, is that certain foods are just better purchased at your favorite fresh-Mex eatery and quesadillas are one of them. The salsas have more zip, the cheese is more oooey-gooey and you're just happier because you feel taken care of. Maybe it's just me.

One thing: Food Network's Rachael Ray notes that when cooking at home you have the advantage of controlling your portions. This is true.

I have tomorrow night's dinner-for-work now - leftover buffalo baked chicken and garlic pasta shells - so there's one benefit to my weekend of cook it yourself mania. Unfortunately, I now also have two packs of guacamole. My mom is a fan, but me? Not so much.

For the low, low price of free

Thanks be to Manta (who hepped me to this) and the geniuses at sendspace, I can put free stuff here for you. Click on the link, download, pop into your iTunes and enjoy, enjoy. You'll have to register for sendspace but it's free. No strings attached. Just don't opt for the sendspace max thing and you're aces.

Randy Crawford and The Crusaders: Streetlife
Spoon: I Turn My Camera On
Michelle Shocked: Prodigal Daughter (Cotton Eyed Joe)

5 Comments:

At 11:15 PM , Blogger Janna said...

Awesome! I love that Spoon song, especially-- thanks!

I also like your new summery colors. V. cute.

 
At 11:55 AM , Blogger rekkidbraka said...

Thanks - I like the new colors, too. Your updated blog look inspired me. I'd really like a whole new format but I'm too lazy to do anything more right now. :-)

Isn't the Spoon song incredible? One of my new faves. I'm going to start leaving little gifts for y'all on here so watch for them.

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger mantaraggio said...

You have to register? Hmm... I never did. I'm convinced the government is after me, so I try not to put my name to anything.

Heh. Rachael Ray is so irritating though. The Garbage Bowl? EVOO? I want to punch her in the face, but maybe I have anger issues.

 
At 5:30 PM , Blogger Sherman said...

I didn't register at sendspace but it only allows me to download one item at a time and apparently,if I have one IP being shared by several computers, it would only let me download one item at a time per IP address. I don't mind the one item at a time thing but I have contemplated registering so I can download multiple stuff.

Rachael Ray can be pretty annoying but I have used that "garbage bowl" idea (actually I usually use the bag that held the veggies). I do like some of her ideas and recipes, but she's too cheery for her own good and you only need 1 show on the Food Network not 3. For my money, Alton Brown is the one to watch on Food Network followed by Anthony Bourdain as a close second.

 
At 6:27 PM , Blogger rekkidbraka said...

If y'all haven't already heard my highly-annoying and roundly self-centered "I Beat Alton Brown In A Totally Shammed-Up Radio Contest To Win Cheap Trick Tickets Back In 2002" story, remind me to tell you about that sometime. Like I was really going to lose and Alton Brown was going to spend his late December evening partying it up at the ATL Roxy with a few hundred drunken past-their-prime Trick fans.

But, yeah - I won. And he seemed amazed that I knew sports trivia. Until he found out that I, um, work for the AJC. In the Sports department. Because it was oh-so fair that HE got three COOKING questions. If you live here in ATL (Jenna), this may clue you in to why that lame "Moby In The Morning" show died a fast death on the old Z-93 classic rock station before it switched to DaveFM.

No sendspace registration necessary? Well, dang. Don't do that, then. The site acted like it was going to explode if I didn't call it back for a second date or whatever. Aw, heck. That's how easy I am. *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home