Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Goin' yard

Tonight I'm working - at Turner Field, covering the Rockies-Braves game from the press box. Broadcasting legend Skip Caray just ambled in, barked something to his son, Chip, who's also a member of the Braves on-air team (and as handsome in person as he is on TV, ladies), then ambled off again.

I'm just happy to have this opportunity. To be up here. Doing something most people never get to do: watching a game from THE best seats in the park among sportswriters and famous broadcasters. Starstruck, I'm not. They're just people like me. But yes - it has occurred to me tonight that this is indeed special and I am lucky.

1 Comments:

At 1:56 PM , Blogger rekkidbraka said...

Chip was wearing the craziest tie I've seen in a while the other night. And yet it was really hip; it was pink, '60s kitsch-looking.

Hate that FOX is supplanting the REAL Braves on-air crew with their lame duo of Rathbun and Torborg. Blech.

We've got to get out to another Braves game soon, Jenna. Press box was fun but in the stands, hangin' with you rules. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home