Tuesday, September 05, 2006

So Southern

"Girl, you are SO Southern," Mia said to me when I visited her in NYC back in July. I'd put my handbag outside the restroom stall at Yankee Stadium - like, just for maybe a minute - while handling personal affairs. I usually do this, hurriedly wash up, then retrieve my bag and head out. Mia watched me engage in this wee ritual, shaking her head.

"What?" I asked. I really didn't see what the big deal was.

"This is New York. You don't leave your purse anywhere."

She has a point. After all, it's her town. She lives there; I don't. But I've been to NYC many times and while I've heard all the bad things and I know that they happen, it's weird. My NYC experiences have all been pretty good and I trust the people there. Besides, I was wearing Yankees gear. I was among friends, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home