Friday, May 05, 2006

Sharing, caring, etc.


This is me. This is me ripping off Manta's killer "Free Music Fridays" idea.

Our Theme: Really Sappy "Cute Guy With Guitar" Songs That Make Me Squishy Inside

1. John Mayer - In Your Atmosphere (live)
2. Duncan Sheik - On Her Mind
3. Elliott Smith - Thirteen (Big Star cover)
4. Evan & Jaron - Crazy For This Girl
5. Fountains Of Wayne - Valley Winter Song

Bonus points if you can guess which of the five is my favorite.

Where Shopping Is A Pleasure: If you live in Atlanta or in an area where Publix is running those cute Mother's Day TV spots where the dads and kids are making breakfast for the moms, the song in the spot is Paul Brill's "Start It Again" and I found it on iTunes (and bought it there, which is rare). You just hear a snippet of it in the Publix ad but it's a really cool tune. If it doesn't turn up on "Grey's Anatomy" someday, I'll be stunned.

If you have iTunes on your computer, here's the song. I hope it works.

Paul Brill - Start It Again

3 Comments:

At 1:23 PM , Blogger mantaraggio said...

Hey cool! I'm so happy that Free Music Fridays is catching on. I'm very excited about that Big Star cover. I don't have a theme picked out for next week, would you be interested in joining in? Have any ideas? It's always very broad anyway, I love seeing what everyone comes up with.

Also, I didn't download the Paul Brill song because I can see that it's a protected file. I predict that iTunes will ask me to put in your password to listen to it. That's happened in the past with stuff my friends have sent me, it's why I try my best to never buy things on iTunes unless it's an exclusive or an emergency.

 
At 2:58 PM , Blogger rekkidbraka said...

Yeah, I didn't want to buy the Paul Brill song on iTunes either but I couldn't find the darn thing on iSwipe or LimeWire. And believe me - I tried. Anyway, I'm going to work on converting it to mp3. This mp4 jazz is ridicks.

A theme for your next Free Music Friday? Hmmm... I'll email you about that. So many themes, so few braincells...

 
At 11:32 PM , Blogger Sherman said...

Nice tunes. I'd have to guess IYA. But then Again I am a bit biased.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home