Wednesday, August 24, 2005

On to September

Summer doesn't really end in Georgia or in the South until late October. By Halloween, you should be wearing jeans and feeling a slight chill in the air. Autumn, and eventually winter, will come sooner than later. It always does.

While autumn is my favorite season, short though it is around here, I hate to see summer, with its long days, go away. This summer didn't turn out the way I'd planned and I feel like most of this year has been something of a waste for me, personally. I didn't accomplish hardly any goals I'd set for myself and I feel like I have little hope of making real headway on anything as the year's end approaches.

September is around the corner, however, and who knows? Maybe I'm wrong about me.

3 Comments:

At 12:26 AM , Blogger Sherman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:31 AM , Blogger Sherman said...

That's interesting, summer doesn't rear its head in San Francisco until September or October. We call it an indian summer. Summer proper is normally foggy in the mornings that burns off by afternoon. The really sunny days don't show until autumn. Our shorts and skirts days are still ahead of us in the city by the bay.

I've been in a holding pattern myself for quite a while. I feel like I'm actually starting to slough off my unnecessary stuff and clean up my life. I hope you get further along in achieving your goals. Remember, halfway through the year still leaves you six months to work with.

 
At 10:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Homer: Rekkid, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.

Feel better? I knew you would.

Autumn is the season for leather jacket shopping and Doc Marten wearing. Well, probably not in Georgia, I imagine it's still kinda warm down there. But autumn in New York... ::cue Sinatra::

Shimmering clouds - glimmering crowds
In canyons of steel
They're making me feel - I'm home


Ahh, thanks Frank!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home